Saturday, January 22, 2011

BlueJay Pride Night!

This evening was Waseca Bluejay Pride Night.

We all had the privilege of going to the Varsity Boys Basketball game! Unfortunately, none of our kids were playing in this particular game. Grant is on the B team, Alan is on the 8th grade team, and Joyce is on the girls 9th grade team. But it sure was fun to watch the varsity game anyway! The Bluejays won 61-48 win over St. James. They did a great job!!!

Here they are in action!

The Bluejays are the boys in blue. Ha Ha. I think I hear a certain child of mine in my head saying "Duh mom. Of course the Bluejays are the ones in blue". But just in case there are some out there reading that are a little slow like me,I thought I would mention it.



I sat on one side of the gym with these eight cute children. Elena also sat with me but was camera shy.




While Jeff was on the other side of the gym with none other than the halftime show...and guess who the half time show would be?

Our very own

HeavenWord Handlers!!!

See them all over there in their bright yellow shirts?



Just in case you are wondering, HeavenWord Handlers is a local FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) Basketball Handling Performance team. Grant, Alan, Cyrus, Joyce, and Nolan are a part of the team along with friends Shane,his brother Cole,and Rochelle.

Here the HeavenWord Handlers are just starting their performance.



Grant doing a spinning trick. (I'm sorry for the very fuzzy pictures)



Cyrus spinning the ball while doing a somersault.



Alan doing a double dribble trick.



Grant spinning a basketball on a very tall crappy pole.



I missed getting pictures of Joyce and Nolan doing their tricks but hopefully I will get some at another one of their performances.

What a great job they all did!!!

After the game, the varsity players took the time to autograph Bluejay Pride posters for all who wanted. The kids just thought it was very neat.

I was SO glad we were able to all be there to watch!!!

Warmly, A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment