Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy Day!

Today was the day to submit our arts & craft things to the fair to be judged.There was not a lot of last minute prep which was nice.I limited the kids to entering only two things teach this year.Last year I did not think to set a limit and it was crazy!
I also said that anything that the kids would like to enter needed to be done by this past Saturday or nearly done.The only exceptions were Elena's baking entry and Anya's fruit creation.

Here is Anya making her fruit creation.It is a vase full of flowers.Pretty clever!



Elena is making her granola to enter.She was frustrated because it burned a little but still tastes very good!



I also needed to get a few of the girl's hair braided.
I'm getting a little better.Still need to work on the parts and making the ends a little nicer.

Here is Grace with her fresh braids & eating her corn bread.




This is the first time I did Odell's hair.Joyce decided Odell fusses too much so she does not want to do Odell's hair anymore.One day I caught Joyce sitting on top of Odell trying to get her hair braided.Odell did just fine today with me but had to settle with big braids.Her favorite style is called the Rooster or something like that.Part of The Rooster is having braids hanging in her face so I am told.Well,I did my Rooster version.



Now if Joyce will only let me help her with her hair...she does not really want the type of braids I do on the little girls.She seems to have no embarrassment with it being all messy.I am a tad embarrassed though.I am thinking I could take Joyce to the hair instituted in Mankato to have her hair braided.I think it might be rather inexpensive.We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment