Friday, July 25, 2008

Taking advantage of the fair crowd!



I faced a BIG fear of mine today and set up a table at the end of our driveway to see if we could sell a few quilts.So very very scary for me.It is easy to just put stuff on the Internet but a very different thing to do it 'live'! The kids were very exited about it,though.Elena made a poster for me and put some price tickets on some of the quilts.

We had a few lookers but you know when you are set out to go to a fair you are not thinking 'let's spend our money on quilts',no it's about fair food and rides!Today, was really not so much about 'selling' but to do something scary and uncomfortable just to say that I did it.OK,I loved to people watch as well.

I think I will set the table up Friday as well just because I already did the hard part.I will move aside for our annual Lemonade stand on Saturday.

I do have to mention that Elena had a little table next to my quilt table called Elena's Store.She had made some friendship bracelets and painted jars.My sweet Elena!



I would like to have an actual official quilt and craft sale in August and maybe one close to Christmas but thinking about it and actually doing it are very different.I love to sew but do not have great confidence in my sewing and quilting creations.




I TOTALLY forgot that today was our 15th wedding anniversary! Where is my mind! It was on the fair week I know.Jeff brought home a beautiful bunch of flowers and an iced mocha for me.All I gave him was a bowl of cold cheesy chicken noodles that he had to heat up himself!Poor Jeff.I always seem to be caught by surprise when our anniversary hits.I keep thinking I'll be better prepared next year but am not.

This 15 year mark is actually pretty big for me.My parents divorced after 14 years of marriage.Two of my sisters will be having their 11th wedding anniversaries this year.


On another note, I still think that turning 40 is affecting me. I wake up in the mornings pretty anxious with a mild sense of dread or fear.I just feel like crying.I can not explain it but I do remember waking up with the same feelings if I went to a slumber party growing up or the first few nights transitioning from sleeping at my mom's or dad's house.It is also what I feel like for the first few weeks after I have a baby.It must be anxiety of some sort.I just keep thinking 40 was not supposed to be like this.What 'this' I am referring to I really do not know.Oh, well.


Tomorrow (Friday) evening is the boys big performance with Fellowship of Christian Athletes at the fair.They are very exited and nervous.Coach John and all the Heavenword Handlers that are participating in the demonstration were over here practicing Tuesday evening .The bit I saw looked real good!

No comments:

Post a Comment