Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Over...

Our fair week sure was fun! Everyone is very tired but wished the week was not at a close.I love fair week but am glad when everything slows down again.

I wanted to give a little update on my little driveway quilt sale adventure during the fair.I decided to have my quilts displayed all 4 days.Once the kids started their Lemonade stand I moved my quilt stuff to a little area right across from the Lemonade table.

I sold one whole cloth quilt,one fleece tie blanket,and one tie dyed shirt.I also made 9 dollars in prize money because I won a few place ribbons for the quilts I entered.Sadly, someone stole two of my most expensive and bigger quilts.They took my Long Ago and Far Away quilt and my A Little of Everything quilt!Can you believe someone would do such a thing!Surly these thieves were not Wasecans!

Elena sold three of her friendship bracelets and one of her painted jars.

It was fun to have our own little shop area for the weekend.I enjoyed chatting with a lot of other quilters who stopped to look.A couple ladies gave me a few selling ideas...maybe Waseca's farmers Market.Elena and I should try that sometime.

Jeff really enjoyed the whole scene as well.One evening he sat out with Grace watching the lemonade stand and all my quilts entertaining those passing by with his harmonica playing.

The nice couple who own the snow cone booth at the fair surprised the kids by bringing them two huge plates of nachos!

Hmm....I really like Waseca.

No comments:

Post a Comment