Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday, July 17, 2008



I'm here.
I have not had the motivation to blog the last few weeks which explains my lean weeks with a bunch of back posts on the weekends.I've been real tired lately and it is hard to get motivated.It might be the hot weather.We have made it last summer without using our central air which is impressive considering I was quite often hot and overheated being pregnancy.I want to see if I can make it this summer without the central air as well.It helps we are not having visitors this summer.When it is hot and humid EVERYTHING just seems dirty no matter how well it is cleaned.

I am still tackling my huge craft 'to do' list. My goal this summer was to complete all of my waiting projects.I really have about 100 of them.No kidding!I promised myself that I would not introduce anything new until my mile high stack was finished.Well,I broke down two times well three this summer so far.I just get such fun ideas planted in my head.I love my mind when it is thinking creatively.It makes me feel more alive.Now, if I could apply that excitement,energy, and motivation to things around the house...gee, imagine what that would be like.Hair would be done,nails clean,house would be real clean,meals would be something to rave about.Oh yes,the training I could tackle with the kids...maybe they would almost be mistaken for angels!If I did that my life would be to easy.

Anyway,back to my projects.I have a pile of flannel that I intended to make receiving blankets with using my surger but decided to use the flannel to make double layer light weight flannel blankets instead.I have a few real cute ones made so far.I will let you know when I get them on my Dragonfrye Quilts store.

I have about 7 quilts waiting to have binding put on but binding quilts is my least favorite part of quilting so they are still sitting in a pile waiting to be finished.It is sad because they are SO close to being done!I taught Alan how to iron my binding strips in half which saves me a lot of putzy work.He loves the iron.I know any of my older kids would LOVE to handle my rotary cutter to cut my 2 1/2 inch binding strips but that makes me a little nervous so I will wait a few years.

On to family news...Mrs. Born invited our family to our local water park this past Saturday.She rented the water park after hours for a family get together.She so kindly thought of inviting us as well because she knew how we do not get many opportunities to go places like that.So very kind of her!It was a busy day.I believe Jeff and the kids did 6 Saturday paper routs in the morning.We then celebrated Joyce's birthday and then all but me and three children went to the water park.

On Tuesday,Jeff took 12 of the children to a hotel for the evening to watch the All Star Game on TV.We do not have a T.V. of our own and Jeff thought that it would be cheaper to rent a 50 dollar hotel room for the night than to take the kids to an eating establishment with a TV.Some of our kids are bottomless pits especially when it comes to eating out.At the hotel they could each much cheaper.Jeff had a fun but crazy time at the hotel room while Joel,Lily, and I walked to McDonald's to get ice cream.Joel was SO exited!I love my special times with the kids like that.

I need a picture of some sort to end my post but I do not have one! I will get some pictures for tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment