Thursday, September 25, 2008

A little History

This is so neat...a distant relative that I never met has been working very hard at tracking down his family history which in turn benefits my knowledge of my family history.


Descendants of Johann Halbauer

Descendants of Stephanus Veis (Vaisz)

I can not believe all the work that must have been put into all his research!Anyway,now I know my relatives on my dad's side came from Austria-Hungry in 1889 or there abouts.

Now the relative who did all this hard work is the grandson of the sister of my great grandfather. What does that make him? My uncle once removed or my great uncle twice removed?Confusing! But it is very neat.

The little boy sitting on the ground on left is my great grandfather. The woman sitting in the chair on the right and the man sitting in the center would be my great great grandparents.The man sitting on the left in a chair is the brother of my great great grandmother and the other children would be my great grandpa's siblings.This picture was taken in about 1894 just a few years after they moved to America.There were about 5 younger siblings born after this picture was taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment