Friday, September 5, 2008

A LLLOOONNNGGGG Day

Tonight is Jeff's first evening working his second job delivering pizzas up in Eagan.I believe his shift ends at 9:30 but adding the drive home means he will be gone until close to 11 pm.It is 6:52 pm and so far things are not real horrible,I'm just tired of kids and noise and would like a bit of quiet time.I suppose I have time right now that I can blog a bit and then put some more books on Ebay but I really shouldn't be doing this.No one child is bothering me more than another,but 13 children each coming two times to ask me something (which is a modest estimate) equals 26 times I have to say "I really want to do this.Please go play".Now this is why I am blogging to myself because I know what some 'super moms' with fewer children might think to themselves "Tina ,you should just forget the computer and take care of the kids.They obviously want (need) your attention".Hmmm...I'm just selfish probably more so than most moms.O well.

On to other things...exiting things that happened today...

Lily is a fast crawler so I finally dug out the big fence thing so she will have a little more safe freedom.Joyce,Joel,Odel,Naomi,and Ekie thought it was just the greatest thing! I am surprised Naomi did not do her little Omah (sp?) dance.It is the dance old ladies in Liberia do when they are very pleased or happy like when they get money as Cyrus explains.Now that would make a good video of the week!The kids doing the Omah dance!They are real good at it.

There was a hole in one of our second floor screens and one of the cats escaped and got stuck on the roof.Apparently using one of his 9 lives and jumping off himself did not seem like a good use of one of his lives so Elena and I risked ours to get him back...not really...he came when we called him.

Other highlights...cat poop on the floor,my bribery with snacks to get it cleaned up, hot dogs cooked over the fire,emotional roller coasters some of the kids are ridding on today,making music Cd's,getting school ready,cocoa wheat's,cheesy noodles,floor Friday...

Dinner is served thanks to the boys!What feeds us...26 servings of brown beans & Thirty two hot dogs (with buns)flamed to perfection.No leftovers at our house.




Here is a cute thing...Joel somehow got Lily in his chair and now she is doing school.I think she decided chewing her school was more fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment