Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Down

nine more to go.

Here is a sneak peek.


I had this brilliant idea. Instead of me writing in the boxes each lesson or pages Josh needs to do each day I thought he could write the days lesson or pages he completed. He already knows to do one lesson per day or how many pages to read so it might save me some redundant work but also keep him on track. He is pretty self motivated when it comes to his schooling. Some of the other kids need a little more direction.


A tip with using Sonlight. Hate reading out loud? I kind of do. I can not sit still for more than two minutes with kids huddled around me reading them a book before claustrophobic feelings swoop in. What I do is have the kids read a Sonlight core a few grades below their grade level so they can read the 'out-loud' books themselves. It has worked for years and years. I also have about 6 different Sonlight cores being used at one time because of number of kids needing the books. I also stagger the kids who are using the same core as another sibling. Not all the kids like Sonlight. I have three who would rather read a literature book and answer questions in a notebook than read Sonlight books. So they do that.

I do not have the kids read all the books listed or do all the memorization stuff. I highlight the books I want them to read.


Ah, the States. I started this last year but never got past the first week. Never too late to start over.


This is a fun pile of books. The rest of Josh's school books are in his room.


and totally cool!!!

I found ten different composition writing tablets for the ten I am writing schedules for.


Tomorrow it is onto Anya, Naomi, and hopefully Grant's schedules.

~~~~~~~~

Funny.

Do you notice the pretty light switch plate on the table by the composition books? Based on the picture and the fact that I posted about the light switch yesterday you can deduce that it was actually yesterday that I created this post.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

So tomorrow you will have to see what actually I got done tonight!

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment