Monday, October 8, 2012

If I Would Have Known...

If I would have known that by the end of the day I would have sewn this...







I would have made sure I woke up on the right side of the bed...not the wrong side!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who were wondering...

On to the dress info!

I used a pattern from this beautiful book

Girl's World: Twenty-One Sewing Projects to Make for Little Girls


The dress I made is very easy to make.

Yikes! I forgot the name of the pattern I used! I know it was dress number 1 but it had a cute name.

I like this dress because it just slips over the head so no zippers or buttons to work with but it does make for a wider neckline and the bodice is not as fitted.

The one Lily is wearing is a size Small or 4/5 but I think she could fit into the smaller size.

The pattern did call for bias tape for the neck and arm holes but I think lining the bodice is easier that bias tape and looks nicer so I did that instead.

The pink apron was another of the projects in the book. In the book it was made out of tulle but since I did not have any of that I though this pink stuff would look cute.

Now this is a pattern I will make more of!!!!

I am very pleased!

I LOVE IT!!!

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment