Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Random Monday

Next to the stove by the kitchen wall
There stands a couch, not new at all,
On which the housemaid sits and thinks:
"It must be time for my forty winks!"


~from The Alphabet of Sleep

But before this housemaid thinks about her forty winks a little Monday rambling is due.

Well, maybe the rambling is the effect of me needing my forty winks!

Rambling starts..

Right...

Now!

Tonight was Redbox free movie night!

We had two free Redbox movie codes so I walked with a few kids to HyVee to mail a package and pick out our two free movies. Twinkle Toes for the girls and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance for the big kids. I just need to remember to get the movies back before nine tomorrow night so the movies stay free. We have a tendency to miss the return deadline a lot.

I thought I would make oatmeal cookies as the kids were watching their movies. Great idea but in my hasty excitement to surprise the kids with warm delicious cookies I used melted butter instead of softened butter so the cookies spread like pancakes while they were cooking. I also forgot to grease the cookie sheets which made the pancake oatmeal cookies stick like glue to the cookie sheets. Elena warns me quite often that I will regret my hasty cooking practices. She is always right. Where did she get that crystal ball anyway?

I read a story called The Flying Trunk to the girls before bed. Have you every read that story? It is interesting. Sadly, the version I read to the girls skipped over the merchant's sons funny story he told at the tea party. Not sure why,though. Do you think the girl is still waiting for merchant's son on the roof? Some of my girls thought she could be and thought it was sad.

I was going to start a sewing project earlier this evening but got as far as looking at my fabric stash. I pulled out this real fun brown fabric with owls and an orange coordinating fabric. Isn't it a gorgeous combo?


I was too lazy to tackle changing my sewing machine thread color and wind matching bobbins so I just left the fabric on the table for tomorrow. It will give me time to decide what to make out of it. I am tossing around either one of the little girl dresses with the straps I have been making or try my hand at a little girls reversible A-line dress. The fabric would make a fun little bag as well...

I thought these were cute pictures from my Etsy shop.

These were some of the first skirts I sold in my shop.

Remember my drawstring skirt phase?





Rambling ends...

Right...

Now.

and my forty winks will soon start.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment