Thursday, February 21, 2013

R.A.N.D.O.M.

For you have been called to live in freedom-not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love.

Galatians 5:13


I have been thinking of this verse the last few days.

I understand that I have been set free from the bonds of sin in my life because of Jesus death on the cross.

I understand that...I do...or so I thought...

Lately, I have been really struggling with a BIG case of

the bad attitudes

the glass half empty outlook

the I have a right to fuss and stamp my feet syndrome

and that gives me the right to (endlessly) crab at everyone doesn't it?

Well, I thought so...

until the Lord very kindly reminded me of the above verse.

A light bulb turned on.

God even set me free from my negative drama I like to carry around.

Like other sins, it follows me around (one could even say my drama precedes me...) like a loud voice but God has set me free from it ruling my days.

It can be hard because in some odd, crazy way it can be kind of satisfying to let my negative emotions all hang out. Even to throw out some wounding verbal wow-powing zingers at others.

But God says that I am set free from needing to carry that all around and in letting it go I am free to serve and love my family without wading through so much emotional muck.

I am still a wee babe in the infant room with my walk with Christ.

I am slow in the learning but Lord I hear. Lord, please do not stop teaching me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A few pictures of the day?

Josh bought this post-Valentine gift for me.



Lily helping me make a cake.



Alan was taking some pictures for his Facebook but haha he never knew it would also be a Mom's blog picture!



Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment