Sunday, January 10, 2010

His Going Forth Is Certain

I just want to give Russ and Amy a HUGE thank you!!!!!

I can not explain well enough just what God has done through your kindness today!!

Before I show you all a small sampling of what they dropped off at our house today I would like to try and attempt to write a bit about why there generosity was to timely.

I had a conversation recently with someone concerning our family which in turn touched on the adoptions. This person was curious and I never mind answering questions about our experiences. I rather enjoy it because God has done some very wonderful things. For some reason,thought, after this particular conversation I went away feeling rather discouraged. I actually was feeling like we did something wrong in adopting. I can not put my figure on exactly why,though. I just felt maybe that our family was being very misunderstood.

Anyway, I was SO down about it the past few days. Through that down mind set it is amazing all the shortcomings and weaknesses of Jeff,myself ,and the children I could see.I was making a mental list off all the things we gave up to add these six children into our family,of how our 'reputation' has changed in the eyes of some ,how I can not school the way I would like,etc,etc,etc,blah,blah,blah...Maybe we really did make a mistake and did not hear God's voice at all with this adoption stuff. Those are the thoughts I was thinking anyway.

But...

A verse that kept coming to mind was this

Hosea 6:3

"So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth."


It would float through my mind in song (for those of you who read this and remember the old GCM version,that is the song). I took it as God gently reminding me He is there,He did indeed lead us down this path and we wanted to follow him with all of our hearts we wanted to walk with him and we did. It is not a path he leads everyone down but it is the one he is leading us down.He reminded me he will indeed take care of us.His going forth in leading us is certain and he will make sure we are taken care of even in nobody else understands.

SO now Amy and Russ did you realize when you brought all these goodies down to us you would be God's real life demonstration,his exclamation point to us of his gentle loving care.See he said his going forth is as certain as the dawn and he chose your family to do the going forth for us today.

Thank you,thank you for being willing to be used by God for us.






Ok,just one more story...

I wonder if Russ and Amy even realized what an answer to prayer these folders are!! I went school shopping this fall but could only find about 7 folders left at back to school prices at three Walmarts around our area...quick math, 13 kids needing at least 4 folders each...seven is not even close to what we would need for all the kids. Of course, once the folders were in stock again they were at non-back to school prices. We made due with the 7 folders we had but there were many misplaced pieces of school work these past months.Sounds like a silly thing to pray for,just plain old folders but that is what I would do whenever I would walk by the folders when I was at Walmart or was faced with a crazy amount of papers all over during school time.

Grant, after I mentioned how greatly God provided because I had been praying for months for folders, reminded me that it was a lot like what happened to Darlene Rose a missionary who was in a Japanese POW camp in New Guinea during WWII when she asked God for a banana. God not only gave her one banana, he gave her a whole huge bunch far beyond what she asked for.




And a VERY special thank you to Gracie for parting with some of your treasured stuffed animals!! I promise, the kids will love them well!!



2 comments:

  1. Tina, Oh, God is so great! He is, indeed, KIND!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great with your wonderful family:) I hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete