Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm Just Dreaming...

It seems every few weeks I fall in love with a different 'new' house and life. (Maybe that was behind my urge to change my blog...) It is a fun past time for me to dream about a new life in a new spot. Of course, those dreams include all sixteen of us! Life would be lonely without everyone to share it with.

In 2009 I dreamed of far off places like New Zealand, missionary work in Africa, a place in Alaska where only planes can reach, Montana,Idaho,Fish Lake up here in Minnesota, owning a Christmas tree farm in Northern Illinois,helping with a church plant in Decora,Ia (we were not invited on the church plant but I wanted to crash it).Even staying here in Waseca but opening up a quilt/coffee type shop. I even had Jeff and the kids drive me to this little plot of land in the middle of a Waseca cornfield with a condemned house on it where we would have goats and chickens... What a guy! I usually plan Jeff's 'new' job in the far off places as well. Good thing Jeff has both feet in reality and knows the balance between not dashing my dreams but not packing his bags.

Do you want to see my newest adventure??

Have you ever heard of the village of Luck, in Western Wisconsin? Population about 1,000. It stared out as a stagecoach stop. Sounds pretty cool!

Updated and renovated turn of the century school house. Amazingly done with original floors and ceilings. This 5 bedroom, 3 bath home has room for the whole family on 3.2acres. With 5,400 square feet of living space!

Did you get that?! An OLD SCHOOL HOUSE, 5,400 square feet living space,3 FULL bathrooms!! I'm in love!



My dream house/life in Luck,Wi

I'm all ready to go!!!!! Until next week when I find a new dream place,that is!!!

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh... think of all that space! Of course, you'd have to clean 3 bathrooms. There are worse problems in life than that, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a boyfriend from Luck when I was in high school!!!!
    We were friends from Arrowhead Bible Camp days!
    The photos of the house are amazing....but what would your husband do in Luck, WI? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,

    I have many good young cleaners on my hands! We have four bathrooms now. Two full and two half. Three bathrooms would be a piece of cake. It is the double square footage that would be hard to clean but yes I would take it!

    Sheila,
    Funny! I have never heard of Luck until I saw this house listing.In my dreams Jeff would just drive to the job he has now. He works in Eagan which is about an hour + drive each way.I figure what is an extra 20 minutes if he has this to come home too? Not to mention the downsizing of the mortgage. Easy on the pocketbook.

    ReplyDelete