Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

As most everyone who reads my blog knows I love to sew.It is kind of my relaxing time when I am not being 'the wife or mom'.I enjoy the planning, the buying (especially the buying),the process of making quilts and other new sewing ideas, and love seeing the end results.

Most of you also know that I have a abundance of quilts that I have already made. I started making extra quilts as a sort of fundraiser last fall to help with our adoption costs and just continued to make them even after our adoption was completed.I really never intended to sell quilts on line but I was not sure what to do with all my quilts so I opened up my little Dragonfrye Quilt Shop.

I have been looking around I thought maybe our church or another would have an use them but could not find the right connections.I am exited that I actually found a place to donate my quilts. Hurray! It is called Project Linus .



I am pretty exited.What this means is I will be taking my quilts off of Dragonfrye Quilts and closing up shop.It is kind of a relief because I really did not have my whole heart in it as you could tell be the state of 'under construction' that most of the pages were in.

Of course, I will still be making quilts and absolutely LOVE doing my free quilt drawing giveaway each month so that will not change.If I have to I will just blindly pick names from the phone book and enter them just to have my drawing each month!So no stopping that.

Anyway ,here is a link to The Beacon which is the Project Linus News letter.The news letter explains what Project Linus is about.It is real neat to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment