Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday, August 6th, 2008

I have not been feeling very 'blog creative' the last few weeks which explains my lack of daily posting. My mind has been pretty flightish (is that a word even?) and not very focused.

Getting myself to sit down and think has been difficult these days.Actually, the sitting down part has not been hard it has been the thinking part that has been challenging. For instance,This evening Jeff and I were discussing which kids he would be bringing to the dentist tomorrow and I heard myself saying, "Jeff...you know...those three little ones,the littlest ones,who are they..." as I was trying to remember Joel,Grace and Lily's names!Poor kids.Having a scatterbrained mom on top of being the youngest three of 14 would be hard.Now,I do not even know why I was thinking Lily would be going to the dentist anyway.She barely has teeth.Anyway,I am anticipating my creative streak to kick in any day now.But for today, I did take a few pictures of our Wednesday highlights...

Our neighbor gave us a bunch of zucchini the other day so today Elena set out to grate it all up and make zucchini bread.We realized we only had enough flour for two loaves but what beautiful loaves they are!



On Jeff's list tonight is to pick up some more flour so Elena can make more zucchini bread tomorrow.Every mother needs a sweet girl like Elena!I am glad the 'no-cooking skill-but-burn-everything gene' I have passed Elena up.



Joel was so exited because he found a 'feder' outside.It looked the perfect size for a feather pen.I could not find a pen to use to make the feather pen for him so we brought out the calligraphy ink instead.The feather worked great!

Here is Joel working on his 'tiny zeros'.



Pretty Elena practicing her calligraphy as well.



Lily and the girls were playing together so cute this afternoon.Lily was practising her new crawling skills and the girls were so exited.I must have taken 8 pictures but none turned out just right.This is the best out of them all.Now,if Lily was still,Naomi did not have that tattoo sticker on her forehead,you could not see the horribly messy book shelves in the background (Barb, no pick -a-pile days at my house as you see!) and better focus it would be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment