Friday, April 23, 2010

A Few Pictures That Warm My Heart

and remind me this season in life is fleeting

A cat nap with the cat



The beauty of coloring crayons



Shoes on the table



A spring time bouquet



As well as a few random pictures!

A peek at my newest sewing project



A double yolk. Ok,this is just a cool picture. I have seen double yolks before but never hard boiled.



And now a few random picture-less thoughts!

The beautiful sound of bare toddler feet running across the driveway.

Two five year olds running across the neighbors yard after a wild rabbit they want as a pet and hear, "I know Grace,maybe if we get a bucket..."

My heart swelling with thankfulness as I watch my many children running towards me after their fun at the park. I think that they all look so small and vulnerable against the largeness of the park. Isn't it just beautiful they are running towards security,towards a mom and dad who love them so much,and then we take their hands and lead them towards the Lord.

I then wonder how many more fatherless and motherless children we can fit in our home. Surely, Lord we can fit six or seven,maybe eight...please use us as you see fit but my deep heart's desire is that you fill our home overflowing with little ones whose hearts are broken,who will need someone to wipe their tears,to get down in the muck and sit with them until they are strong enough.Please Make us fit for the task.

And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.

Psalm 39:7

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I gleaned this little treasure from today's reading out of the Daily Bread and Ecclesiastes 3:1-13 "We are where we need to be and learning what we need to learn. Stay the course because the things we experience today will lead us to where He needs us to be tomorrow".

    Then on a much lighter note....I also read this....
    There is an appointed time for everything.....A time to keep, and a time to throw away (I guess I am suppose to do a little more purging) and A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together....(is that a little forwarning of my sewing planned for today)???? and... A time to be silent, and a time to speak.....I hope that is Him prompting me to encourage you today. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete