Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Few Saturday Odds and Ends

Today was full with sleeping in, paper routes, enjoying the weather, and in the evening half of the family up in Minnetonka watching the Aces perform so there was not a lot of time to work on sewing projects.

I am still plugging away at those 26 baby blankets I have waiting for me.Right now, they kind of feel like dreaded homework that I am putting off. There really is no reason why I just can not set them aside and move on to something else but the fact that I do not want to do them is all the reason to just get them sewn and finished.


I did do a little late night coloring



with my 5 year old night owl.



and I spent some time considering what to make out of these two groups of fabric in the coming weeks.

I think I will make a little halter top out of the white eyelet and maybe shorts out of the vintage balloon fabric for Lily. That would be so cute.



I will make something similar for Grace out of this fabric combination.



Of course,I am better at planning projects more than I actually have time to sew them! Maybe, having these waiting for me will motivate me to get those baby blankets done fast.


Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. you have so many kids and you are sewing??...I guess you did say "considering":) not sewing for sure:):)

    ReplyDelete