Monday, April 19, 2010

I Can't Believe I Did That!!

The evening started out good.

A tasty plate of Deviled Eggs. Mmmm!!



A little later in the evening I thought I would start on a bag I thought seemed fun to make.



I chose my fabric.

A very different look than the picture but I though a kind of retro look would be fun. My choice must have been influenced by the antique and flea market I was at yesterday.



As I was cutting my fabric I was in a deep conversation with Grant and Alan about the characters in Star Trek Voyager verses those in Star Trek:TNG.

Before I knew it I had made a HUGE cutting mistake ,I mean HUGE HUGE, that made my fabric useless in making this bag.

ARG!!!

After much fussing and then much thought, I decided to somehow find another way to use the fabric.

So I decided to make a smaller bag based on this bag pattern.



I have only cut the pieces out but it will look pretty cute when it is finished.



With the rest I am going to make a 30" x 30" baby blanket that will match the bag. One side will look like this:

(Sorry the picture is very bad. It is the same fabric as the bag)



and the other side I will have all jean fabric with red rick rack and applique flowers to match the bag. I will show the set when I finish it. I think I will end up being more pleased with this than the original bag!

While I was up trying to fix my cutting error,Grant was down in the basement working on a new ship.

Isn't this SO neat!

He used many odds and ends. A super ball,film,a paintbrush,pieces of a broken tape player and radio.

Very impressive!



Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I love the creativeness! How long does it take you to complete a project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That material is so pretty, I just love the colors. Glad you were able to come up with something else. Missy in TN

    ReplyDelete