Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Little Hands and Boats

The end goal is to help little ones to develop their writing skills but there is something so heart warming about watching little hands gripping the pencil so hard and with much effort writing their name like this. Soon writing his name will take no thought at all...I am cherishing these days,they grow so fast...



I found this picture on my son's camera chip. It was a picture he took of dad at grandpa and grandma Frye's house in Illinois last month. I wonder who Jeff is talking to? I bet one of his old schoolmates.

See the quilt in the back ground? The kids and I made that what seems like so long ago for Grandpa Bob's birthday. Could it have been when we just had six children? Maybe Joel was born so that would have made it seven children. I forget. Anyway, I sewed it all together but the kids each looked through my fabric scraps and chose their boat colors. It looks like we wrote our names on our squares even. I forgot what a fun quilt it was. I think I remember the quilt book it came from. I should dig it out again.



Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment