Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bean Soup and a Few Cheesy Smiles

This soup I made today did not taste as bad as it looks.

It was really quite good. Everyone liked it.

I'm actually embarrassed to list the ingredients but just to show you that simple humble meals can taste as good as fancy ones I will.

Ok,here goes...

Broth made from a boiled ham bone and leftover ham pieces
A pound each of dried lentils and pinto beans cooked in the crock pot earlier in the day
A half of a left over ramen noodle beef spice packet
A few leftover ramen noodles to make the soup look fancy ;~)
A couple cups of mashed potato flakes (the soup was a little too thin)
Garlic salt
Pepper




Today twelve of the kids had dentist appointments so Jeff made two separate trips to the dentist. Not one cavity in the bunch!

I found some willing to show off their sparkly pearls before bed time.

Josh (9) Joel (5) Anya (7)



Ekie (8) Grace (5) Naomi (7)



Cyrus (11)



Odell (9) Joyce (13) Sorry for it being out of focus



Nolan (9) Alan (13)



On the home school front, I was looking over the spelling words for some of my children. I got to a few words that I have never heard of before. I had to look up their meanings in the dictionary. It is hard to test the kids on words I have absolutly no idea their meaning how to pronounce. I was feeling a little dumb until Jeff said he did not know either.

bravadoes
porticoes
viragoes
roe

Now if any of you actually know what these words mean without looking them up,I am amazed!!

If you read my post yesterday I just thought I would mention I was not being sarcastic about the lawn chair. As I reread the post I thought it might have read that way. No,I truly thought it was sweet that Jeff thought about me and that God had provided it.We are not too proud to garbage pick. Just thought I would mention that.I have a great thoughtful husband. I know Jeff had not read my blog yesterday or today so Jeff when you read this Thank you!

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Cavity free....what a huge blessing! Odell and Joyce look so much alike in that photo...are they bio sisters?
    All the kids look happy. :)
    And they are growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete