Saturday, April 10, 2010

Figures!!

Figures!

What is that all about Tina!!??

Figures? What figures?

*Sigh*

You might not have witnessed it but I fell totally, absolutely right smack on my face today. Figuratively that is,but I would have rather physically fell flat on my face instead!

What am I talking about?

Oh,it seems that whenever Jeff and I are looking ahead to the future and all the exiting great things we think God is leading us in...blah...I do some crazy stupid thing (or many crazy stupid things) that show why God should not be leading us in a particular direction or any direction at all.

Making no sense am I?

Well,we are taking the next four months to seriously seek God in a few areas that we feel he might be leading us forward in.

It is fun to dream and wonder. In times like that it seems like we can actually touch the clouds! God can do anything!

Then it happens...

I trip and fall hard. So hard.

So as I rub my smashed face,I am wondering what is the true 'reality' I should hang on to?

Is it the 'reality' that I am just who I am,and will always be a sort of goof up?Someone not really usable to God?

Or

Is it the 'reality' that God can use even a goof-up like me to do what he has planned?

I remember this verse:

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Psalm 37:23-24


Which makes the second 'reality' the true reality, doesn't it?

'nuf said.


Even though, I fell flat in my face today I was able to take a few pictures of the day.

Here is my morning "coffee".




This evening was the first Waseca Blue Jays baseball home game. We live right across the street from the coolest ball field.

Jeff is walking over with Joel and Grace to catch the last few minutes of the game.



Poor Lily thought she was going as well. I think that her major temper tantrum in the front yard after she realised she was not going to the game was almost as exiting as the game.



I made homemade chicken soup for dinner tonight but I noticed the dish washing child did not wash the pan I use to cook noodles in after our lunch meal. I was way to lazy to wash it myself so I tossed in a bunch of ramen noodles into the broth instead. Pretty tasty if you are a fan of over-cooked ramen noodles. Lily enjoyed it.



Can you tell I photo shopped Lily's finger nails clean?



Notice the cute spoon Lily is using. The spoons were a gift from the Stahls when they visited China a few years back. I just love them!




One last thing.

If you are ever interested in reading about other large families like mine or even larger, Mega Families bloggers has links to many other large families.




Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That would be fun to have a baseball field so close. Your house is so pretty!

    I had been thinking about joining Mega Families too even though we're on the smaller side. It's fun reading about other families!

    ReplyDelete