Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday, November 16, 2008


I am just worn out today!It has been a very long last few days.Jeff worked his extra job this past Thursday and Friday night which means he gets home very late so I was in charge of putting the kids to bed.It is usually Jeff's job but I do not mind because I get them to bed very fast...no books, no goofing around just off to bed.Jeff is much more fun when he puts the kids to bed.Anyway,Jeff had been having trouble with his little work car so he had to drive the big huge van all the way to Eagan both Thursday and Friday and that meant he also had to deliver pizzas at his second job with the big van.That must have been a sight.

I received a call late Friday night from Jeff and the bad news was now the big van had broken down and he was stuck up in Lakeville!I was just so beside myself,I even cried...I was selfishly looking forward to sleeping in Saturday morning and then having Jeff and the kids drive me to Mankato for a sale at the fabric store.I was kind of tired of kids and really needed a break...sigh...Jeff stayed in Lakeville overnight Friday to see if he could get the van fixed.When the repair guy looked at it Saturday morning he said it would cost about $500 to fix!Jeff took his chances and drove the van home unfixed.He made it home but our whole weekend plans changed,well really only my plans changed.Jeff did take the van out today with 7 of the kids to go to church.The van stalled once but he got it started.He had promised those 7 children they could spend their paper route money today after church.They were really looking forward to that.The van worked ok for their shopping trip to Owatonna.I was kind of feeling sorry for myself but got over it...well almost.I am not sure what Jeff will do about the van.He thinks he can find someone to fix it for less than $500.


A few neat things happened that I can mention...I sold one of my Christmas Fabric books.I was very exited about that.I also found a few minutes here and there to finish some of the pile of quilts that were waiting to be bound.I even listed them on Etsy.

Alan,Nolan, and I replaced the light switch in the girls' room.I was worried we would get electrocuted but we did not.Alan also got the ladder and replaced a few light bulbs that had been burned out for months.The boys' bedroom door broke off the hinges Friday night so I showed Cyrus how to hammer golf tees into the screw holes on the door frame and reattach the door hinges.Cyrus and Joyce thought that was a very neat trick.See when Jeff is gone the house seems to fall apart!I will mention the one thing I refused to do was unclog the clogged toilet.No way...that job waited until Jeff got home.He took care of it.

This afternoon the Moosehaufs (a local family with nine of their own children)brought us over the best dinner.Their church had leftovers from their afternoon meal.I still can not believe their thoughtfulness...Seventeen,yes seventeen stuffed pork chops,mashed potatoes,gravy,corn,and rolls.Jeff and the kids were SO glad.We ate more than our fill tonight!

I have a very busy week ahead of me.I have gotten pretty behind in schooling the kids and with cleaning.Lots of catching up this week.I am going to try to be very focused on getting a lot done before the holiday.Nolan's birthday is in a few days as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment