Thursday, November 20, 2008

What do you think?

Well,I finished my handle bags.Pretty neat I think.They are actually reversible. I have enough extra of each fabric to make a little coin drawstring pouch out of each.I made one already.I am not a purse person but I love coordinating fabrics which makes this a fun project.It was tricky sewing around the handles and I broke one machine needle.I was pretty frustrated but after I changed the pattern a little the bags were very fast and easy to sew.



Here is another one of my brilliant crafty brainstorms.It is a little recycled lined sweater bag.It is the same pattern as the little drawstring pouch above but without the drawstring.Elena helped me make the pattern a while back.I have about a zillion more of this type waiting to be lined and finished.I went crazy cutting up sweaters and old jeans.One thing I learned by goofing up on the first few of these sweater bags was to add fusible interfacing to the wrong side of the sweater before you cut out the bag shape.



Now all I need to do is finish the little matching drawstring bags and I will start working on my Christmas Sunbonnet Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment