Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Things Change



Pretty neat picture of a few of the Minneapolis Lakers isn't it. I believe it was taken in the late 1940's. I included this neat picture in honor of Grant.Monday afternoon he starts his first practice playing in Waseca Jr. High school basketball program.He is very exited.It is nice that he can play in school sports but still be home schooled.I really think he will enjoy it.

This year has been a big year for me in learning how to loosen my grip on a few of the older kids some and let them be a little more independent.They have been with me from waking until sleeping almost their whole lives.I knew these years would eventually come.In truth, I anticipated it being a little harder than it actually is.Although, I REALLY truly enjoy the big kids around all day it is fun to see them growing up.I will tell you what absolutely warms my heart is after Elena comes back from the High school church group on Wednesday nights and she makes a b-line straight to my room without talking to Jeff or the kids so she can tell me all about her night.How very special is that.She does not know that I sit on my bed and wait for her.How can she already be 14!Gee,and Grant...I am pretty sure his voice is getting deeper.Does that happen at 13?It has all happened in a blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment