Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chilly Sunday

It has been a chilly today. I think the rainy cool weather following such beautiful days has gotten me a little down. Throughout the day , I caught myself obsessively comparing myself, in almost every area of my life, to others that I know and found myself not measuring up at all. Not even close. I needed a big "your doing OK" but down attitudes were affecting many around here today. I think I want to curl up and sleep for at least three days.

Now that I think of it, I had a very very disturbing dream last night that woke me up abruptly. I still felt unsettled in the morning over the dream so maybe that had a little to do with my down in the dumps,looking for people to tell me I am important kind of mood.I had not connected my mood and dream.

Are you reading for my dream! Don't think I'm too weird! Here goes...

I entered a dark haunted boys bathroom at church (weird I know) with Grant (my oldest son)and a few of our other kids following behind me. Jeff (hubby) told us not to go in but because the idea of a haunted bathroom was just to great to pass up I just had to go in. A very me thing to do, tell me not to do something and I will be that much more determined to do it.

Anyway,when we got a little ways into the room I was telling Grant that maybe we really should not have gone in because it is a "porthole to evil". My exact dream words. In order to see in the dark room I would take pictures with the flash on so the flash would light up the room. No sooner did I say porthole to evil than in the dark I saw my dad just as clear as day.

Now in real life ,the significance of seeing my dad was that he died 15 years ago. He was 49 years old. It has been so long since I have seen him and I have very few pictures of him that I fear I forget what he looks like. My dad had his bad times,and some very bad times but I do not and have not ever considered him a evil man. I actually was probably unduly devoted to him. He had also accepted Christ as his personal savior a year before he died. No reason for him to be in the porthole of evil haunted bathroom.

But as clear as day in my dream ,just the way I remember him looking, there he was. I dropped the camera and ran towards him leaving the kids in the dark by themselves and yelled "Dad!Dad!Dad!" He slowly turned towards me but did not greet me and smile,he just looked at me.I stopped running and my heart just fell.In my dream I knew he knew who I was and I longed for him to smile at me. I was so confused and afraid. The I woke up.

Pretty weird don't you think? No wonder I was moping around all day comparing myself to others and needing reassurance.

Enough about my dream. Although I was in an odd mood today,it did not affect my ability to shop! There was the greatest sale at Joanne Fabrics. All the good stuff was on sale. Jeff supplied me with a little extra pocket change to pick up a few extras.


The quilt books were 40% off and I had a 50% off coupon that I used towards the Gooseberry Patch Summer cookbook. I am so exited,I love Gooseberry Patch !






These next two pictures are for Naomi's birthday in May. Jeff is the official birthday gift shopper but I like to add my fun little finds whenever I can.


The pink flower fabric I am going to use to make Naomi an apron and bundle it together with the cooking things. I am also going to make Naomi her own place mat with the leftover apron fabric and bundle it with the plate and silverware. I am sure she will just love them.




Here are a few more things I found in the dollar bin that Naomi will really like as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment