Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Look What I've Found!

In my task of organizing my recycled dresser yesterday I found this box of scraps! Now they must just look like a box of trash to most but they are actually leftover from my Christmas Sunbonnet Sue Applique project this past winter. These scraps already have fusible web on them. If I trim them they will work perfectly for use in making my drawstring skirts! They reinforce the part on the skirts were I add the eyelet holes for the drawstrings. These little rectangles are not seen because they are inside the drawstring casing so it really does not matter that they do not match. Pretty neat!.



Some might remember me mentioning my Christmas Sunbonnet Sue project this past winter. As long as I am showing the box of Sunbonnet Sue scraps I though you might like to see where the scraps came from.

Here are my two finished quilt tops. Right after I made them I was not sure I liked how they turned out. I have yet to add the backings and quilt them.
I will probably not do anything more with them until closer to this next Christmas.



All the Sunbonnet Sues have Burgundy suede shoes! Leftovers from one of my Doorway Puppet Theaters I made last year.





When I was making the Sunbonnet Sues this past winter I also made this square Christmas quilt top. I still need to quilt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment