Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Few Things

Between Friday evening and this afternoon I put the binding on my four waiting quilts and washed them all up. I also whipped up a cute little baby blanket out of Mary Engelbreit fairy tale fabric.



I also made three fabric books.



The Mary Engelbreit baby blanket and Mary Engelbreit Three Little Pigs fabric book make such a cute set, don't they?

* A little insider FYI: The Mary Engelbreit fabric and the Three Little Pigs fabric book panel are at Walmart (at least the Walmart in Owattonna). There is even a cute Mary Engelbreit Mother Goose Vol 1 fabric book panel that would match the fabric. I think the set is a very fun,easy, and inexpenseve baby gift to make. I used just plan cotton flannel as the blanket batting. You could even use flannel as the batting for the fabric book. I used some extra Warm and Natural I had from the quilts I just finished.



Sunday afternoon Nolan will be having a few friends over for a birthday party. Jeff and Grant will take them bowling and then they will come home to eat tacos and play. Nolan is very exited.

After the party is over and things are cleaned up I think I will see if I have time to make two more fabric books. Woodsy Wonders and The Velveteen rabbit.



I thought it would be funny to show a little scene that was going on while I was trying to take pictures of my quilts for my Etsy shop this afternoon. I wanted to get day light pictures so I decided to try and squeeze the pictures in while Lids was up. It did not go as smoothly as I wanted...maybe it could have been a little on the stressful side if I would have been in a more intense mood. I was not so it was just funny.

The minute I got my first quilt on the chair to take a picture Lily claimed both the quilt and chair as her personal property.



Not much could convince her otherwise.



And then she wanted to be held because she was so upset.



All my quilt shots have Lily just out of view fussing. The mom of many talents that I am, I was able to keep her back with one of my legs while I stood on the other foot snapping pictures as fast as I could.

Until I was finally finished.

I set her into the chair with a special quilt.



And she was happy.



1 comment:

  1. Lily's so cute! And I like all the books you made. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete