Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Late Night Action

While most of the family are all snug in their beds sleeping we the few night owls are just starting our fun!

At about 10:30 Alan noticed that our Christmas decoration bin was full of snow and the few decorations that have survived another year were in danger. I set Joel and Lily to the task of unwrapping them and setting them out to dry. We will get a tree to hang them on eventually.



I caught Alan eating some of the snow that had accumulated in the Christmas decoration bin. Who can resist fresh fallen snow?



Elena located the only remaining string of working lights and hung them on out banister. Alan (in between munching on snow) helped her repare some of the broken lightbulbs. Great team work!

Notice below...Elena and Grant both are holding their phones. Did you know one can text and hang Christmas lights at the same time? I actually think Elena and Grant are texting each other. Now that is true brother/sister friendship! I would think it might take less effort to just talk since they are right next to each other (no phone needed) but then what would be the use of the unlimited texting fee we pay each month?



My completed pile of baby blankets I had been working on the past few nights.



Here is one sweet conversation I overheard tonight as Joel was following Grant around.

Joel (5): "Grant, if I say 'I love you' then you say 'thank you Joel', OK?"

Grant (14): "OK, Joel. I will remember that."

Joel: "Grant, I love you."

Grant: "Why thank you, Joel"

Joel: "You're welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment