Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is Something Around The Corner?

Can you ever just 'feel' something big is going to happen? You could not even guess what it is but there is something in the air...something just beyond your grasp or understanding but you know that it is there? That God is setting things in place right at this very moment in preparation for things to come? I have been feeling that way for a while. Something is around the corner but I can just not see it. I do not even know how far away the corner is but it is there...

Well,looking back I have had that feeling at different times in my life. It seemed in hind sight to precede big events in my life but not really realizing it at the time.I have been feeling that over the past four months or so. There is something in the future but I just do not know what. There are times that I get butterflies in my stomach and fear creeps in and then there are times like tonight that I feel like I am jumping out of my skin with excitement almost hyperventilating. I just wish I knew what our future held!! My mind spins around with guesses...a future pregnancy or adoption? Moving?Something all together different? What can it be?????

Anyway,I was thinking of the The Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13) lately. I know that the parable is actually talking about the second coming of Christ but I was thinking about it in terms of God setting things up in my ( meaning mine and my family's) life because of a path (unknown to me right now) that he is going to lead us down.

Today, I had this thought that I have been more like the one of the foolish girls knowing there is something waiting for me (us) but not making daily choices to be ready for whatever it is God is leading us towards. Does that make sense?

The things I am thinking about might seem very simple and maybe stupid but in actuality they are very big (to me at least).Things like deciding to wash the pans when I really do not feel like it and knowing I could get Jeff or the kids to wash them instead. Letting a child use 15 envelopes to make gifts for the family knowing that the envelopes will end up being gobbled up and wasted never making it under the Christmas tree. Using the bad fork to eat from and letting someone else use the good fork,even if it is just Lily who would not care using the bad fork.Choosing to leave a little left on my plate (more if it is especially good) to share with someone because there will always be someone who is a little extra hungry. Stopping to kiss a child when I by nature am not a hugger or kissy kind of person.On and on I could go...These types of issues are silent things I struggle with every day.

I am not down on myself.I am just wanting God to have free reign over my life including my weaknesses.I want to be stretched during these quiet times so I will be ready when God needs me to be.I guess these verses explain my thought well.

Hebrews 12:1-3 & 12-13

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart...

Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees."Make level paths for your feet,"[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.


Anyway,this is probably just a jumble of goofy talk. It is clear as a bell in my mind,though.Being in my mind is kind of crazy at times!!

Here is The Parable of the Ten Virgins I was referring to:

Matthew 25:1-13

"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment