Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday December 13, 2009

Ekie putting away laundry the Liberian way.




I did not get any of the projects done (or even started) that I had planned for the weekend. I decided to focus on putting together a few quilt tops since I bought seven beautiful yards of Warm and Natural this weekend.

As I make my different baby blankets and quilt projects I cut my extra scrap fabric into 5 inch or 4 1/2 inch squares as well as 2 1/2 inch strips as I go along.I do not know why I do that. It is kind of a compulsive type of thing.

My plan is to start on a few more scrappy quilts.

I have three piles of 5 inch squares all ready to make three scrappy square quilts.These will be fast and easy to sew up.



With my 2 1/2 inch strips I am starting on a Quilt In A Day Quarter Log Cabin quilt.



Here is what I have so far of my quarter log cabin quilt squares. As long as I am already making one I might as well make three of this quilt at the same time.




Here is what the Quilt In A Day finished quilt looks like. My quarter log cabin quilts will end up looking very different. I am not even organizing lights and darks.I am just randomly sewing the strips on. I want a real scrappy look. I am planning on each quilt to be three blocks across and four down so there will not even be a deffinate pattern to the quilt like in the picture.I think I will include just one thin border around the outside maybe solid maybe not. I'm not sure yet. I think they will turn out very cute.



Today was Jeff's birthday but we are planning on celebrating it Monday night. The kids and I have a good meal planned. Lasagna...very tasty...with sausage even! I will be spending a little more time in the kitchen than I usually do. I hope I do not burn anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment