Thursday, December 24, 2009

Secret Confession

We were not quite sure how we were going to get gifts for the kids with but God provided! Thank you to all you generous people! Everything from ham for Christmas dinner to gifts and even extra money to buy more gifts for the children. God has used you all to once again demonstrate his faithfulness to us.

THANK YOU!!!!

So Jeff was out this afternoon shopping before the stores closed. The only thing he was too late for was a Christmas tree because the stores closed before he could get one. Elena had this great thought to put all of the gifts on our steps under the garland. That will be beautiful! See don't I have the greatest kids. No pouting about the lack of a tree.

The kids watched yesterday as person after person came to drop off Christmas food or gifts or money and they knew (the five big kids anyway) that they were seeing God's hand at work in our family. They would have been ok even if God had worked things out differently. It would have been a little disappointing but they would have been ok. To see God's demonstration to them that he cares even about the little things like Christmas breakfast orange juice or gifts...What can I say but we serve an active living God...a God who cares about us...a God I would follow until the day I die.

Now,I wanted to get the girls doing the Omah dance on video for you but they were too shy.But,it was an Omah dancing kind of day. Am I spelling Omah right?


On to our snowy day!

I am sure most in the US have heard of the snow storm that is passing through the Midwest.Well,the kids are not complaining one bit! They have been enjoying the day. Elena,Grant,Alan,Cyrus,Nolan,and Josh were out sledding at the local sledding hills this morning.I wish I was there to have gotten some pictures.

Josh took some time to build a snowman.



Sorry Survivorman you should be taking snow shelter building tips from Josh!

Ok,I just have to say it "You sweat,you die".



A few of the girls enjoying the snow.



We had a big sugar cookie baking party this evening. It was kind of crazy until I put Lily in bed. Then things calmed down a bit. Sorry Lids! You were being a little TOO crazy.



As you can see we lacked Christmas food coloring for our cookie frosting.Oh well. Yellow,red,green ,or blue the cookies taste great!



Jeff and I will be up late tonight wrapping gifts for the kids.I hope you have a fun day tomorrow!

Merry Christmas!!!


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear God provided for your Christmas celebration. I am amazed that the kids could decorate those delicious looking cookies and not gobble them down right away. :)
    Oh...I just have to ask...why is there a red shoe on your fireplace mantel? It has been in a couple photos, so I am thinking it must symbolize something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    The kids did eat the cookies not long after I took the picture!

    The shoes are my 5 year old Grace's shoes. She kept losing them or Lily would walk of with them. Who knows exactly where they go. It would get Grace a little worried (and me pretty bothered )so now she puts them on the mantel after she takes them off to keep them safe. They really do not symbolize anything exiting.It is fun that you noticed them,though!

    ReplyDelete