Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday,December 30, 2009

Gee,I still do not have any show-and-tell sewing projects to blog about!

I did get out my iron and ironing board to iron up some fabric that a customer bought from my Dragonfryesupplies Etsy shop. That is as close to anything sewing-ish I have gotten this past few weeks. Believe me,my mind is swimming with projects I would like to start but I should finish up the scrappy 5" square quilts and the quarter log cabin quilts I was working on before I cleaned it up a few weeks ago.Maybe this weekend.

This evening Elena had six of her girlfriends over to eat dinner and hang out. It was a perfect night for that. No AWANA,youth group,or school tomorrow for her friends that are in public school. They spent most of their time chatting in Elena's room,fixing each other's hair and even playing with some of the younger kids for a bit.I sure do enjoy Elena's friends. They are a nice group of young ladies. They fit in so well with our family and they are very kind to Elena's younger siblings.


I did made dinner for all 22 of us tonight!Isn't that impressive? We even used regular plates and silverware. We used plastic cups because we do not have 22 drinking glasses,though. Pretty impressive!

Actually,our dinner was just a simple modest spaghetti meal and adding six more mouths to our family of sixteen was not hard at all.I can not believe I am saying that...cooking for twenty two is not hard at all!! We did not even have to move up to bigger size cooking pans or take out extra crock pots than what we usually use.

It took just four pounds of spaghetti noodles instead of our usual three pounds,a fourth can of spaghetti sauce instead of our normal three,four pounds of frozen corn,and two loaves of french bread.I think we could have used a few more loaves of the french bread,though.Everything was eaten. I am not sure if people went away full or hungry but it was fun to cook for the whole group.Ok,I'm getting that expand-the-family itch...It is kind of like baby fever but encompasses baby age on up.

We(Jeff and myself) made two batches of this great fudge that
Laura posted on her blog The Mouro Family for dessert tonight and it is so good!

Coffee Shop Fudge

1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. walnuts
2 T. strong brewed coffee, room temperature
1/8 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon


Line an 8 inch pan with wax paper. Melt chocolate chips with the condensed milk in a saucepan. Remove from heat when smooth and stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in pan and chill for 2 hours. Cut into 1 inch squares.





On another note, I absolutely fell in love with an Etsy shop named Little Girl Pearl. Her items inspire me! Those out there who have little girls and like to sew,I am pretty sure you will be itching to start on a few dresses like the ones she makes. The fabrics she chooses for her little girl dresses are just beautiful. I was just at Hobby Lobby in Mankato Tuesday evening and they have beautiful fabrics similar in look to what she uses.

Little Girl Pearl has a blog as well. Her most recent post is a tutorial of a little girl's bag.Just beautiful!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my! God KNEW that I needed to "find" your blog--thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on mine. I always feel so shunned by those around us for the calling that has been humbly placed upon us. Your blog, family, shows me that truly there are others with the same calling. May we encourage, more and more and spur one another on!

    ReplyDelete