Friday, December 11, 2009

A Little Hair Washing and A Few Projects

My task today was to wash and braid a few heads of hair.

Oh, I do not want to disappoint you Lily, but today is not your hair washing day.

Ekie and Lily




Hmm...Lily decides to take her hair washing into her own hands. She does not take 'no' for an answer very well.

This is Odell's head in the sink.



Lily is hoping her cuteness changes my mind...



and it did. It is hard to say 'no' to such a cute little head.



Is it weird to use oil meant for cooking on African hair? So far it has worked out very well. I wash the girls' hair and use this coconut cooking oil for the conditioner.It does not smell very coconuty but it does make their hair very soft and easy to braid.



I might make these four blankets this weekend.



I also want to attempt a little washable diaper making this weekend. Looks a little hard. If I get to this point in my project making I will let you know how they turn out. If they work out well I plan to use them as nighttime diapers for a few of my older bed wetters.



Now these are cute!! I wonder how hard they are to make?




No comments:

Post a Comment