Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Remember the scrappy Quilt in a Day Quarter Log Cabin blocks I was working on? I forgot to show you last week the finished blocks! I guess I was so focused on getting things ready for our caroling party I forgot.

I took them out this evening and laid the blocks on the floor to see what they would look like sewn together.

Not bad at all! I think these quilts will end up looking very cute! I think I will go ahead and add a solid border once I get the blocks sewn together. I will probably work on these after Christmas. I am thinking I need to start making a few boy quilts soon. Most all my scrap quilts are ending up looking very girlish these days.




I thought as long as I was in the living room taking pictures of my quilt blocks I thought I would show you just how lovely our living room is looking since I had to put all my sewing away. I just love our living room. We are not fancy people as you can see from out furniture but I do really like the things we have. By the way,that is not a rug on the floor in the middle of the living room. It is just my quilt squares I have not picked up yet. It would look neat to have a rug that looked like that,though.





I moved all of my light colored quilts into our glass cabinet



And put my winter/Christmas quilts out on my quilt racks.




Of course the dinning room table fills up very fast with stuff so it is not looking all clean like it was a few days ago.



"I love my house, I love my nest, in all the world my nest is best."

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote! I read "The Best Nest" to my little man almost everyday. Everything looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete