Friday, June 12, 2009

Hondas and Dresden!

All is quiet today.

Jeff is going to take some time this afternoon to hunt for a real real cheap (like $400) work car to replace his little work car that broke down (beyond repair) a few weeks back. He has been driving the huge van to work the past few weeks which has been costing him close to 20$ a day! He has done a little fancy juggling and rearranging with the finances to squeak out a little to get a 'new' (very very rust and used) work car this weekend.

I was a little worried. I had this great idea to list our living room couch and rocker on Craig's List last week thinking that would give Jeff a few extra dollars to work with. I did not want him to worry so much (actually he was not worrying that much at all).I know silly of me to do that, but I wanted to help someway and sitting on the floor for a time would be just fine with me. No one was interested in our furniture and Jeff thinks he can find a car so all is ok.

Anyway, I like how Jeff handles things. We are not fancy people. We might not be impressive to those looking in but Jeff is not afraid to do or sacrifice what he feels he needs to for his family even if it means driving an old rust bucket or working a second job or whatever.He is a good man. There should be more men like Jeff in the world.

I have not gotten back into my attic room to clean but here was one of the many half done quilt projects I found. I believe this is a version of a Dresden Plate pattern. This quilt will take a LONG time to finish. It is not one I will tackle soon but once it is finished it would be a beautiful quilt.

It looks like I have most of this 1st block done.



Here are a bunch more pieces sort of finished.



But lots more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment