Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Miss You Sewing Machine!

I am having another on edge kind of day today. I narrowed it down to either the dreary weather or the lack of being able to get to my sewing projects. I have been really wanting to work on some ideas that have been racing though my head this past week but have not been able to. It is wierd but I get to a point where I feel I need to sew or I will just pop or explode or something. I envision myself as some sort of bizar, crazy mad creater. Kind of like a mad scientist but with sewing insead. Very weird,silly, and imature but if I can just sew a little life will make sense and things (life) will fall into place. So dramatic, I am being!

Here is a little quick thing I was working on towards the end of last week.I had a little extra fabric from the many receiving blankets I made a few weeks ago. I cut the extra scraps into 5 inch squares and thought I would make a small scrap quilt.

It seemed easy enough. One thing I did not figure in was the different types of fabric I would be working with. I have flannels,cottons,knits,polyester silky stuff,bottom weight,waffle, and the minky type stuff. I found it a little challenging to match up the squares. I do not mind challenges but I am kind of bothered by the messy look of it. I still think it will turn out cute though. I am going to back it with white minky and probobly tie it. Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment