Sunday, July 19, 2009

Goodbye Fair!

Today was the last day of the fair. It was a busy but fun past week.

Jeff took the seven bigger kids to the fair after church this afternoon. I forgot to send the camera with so I will describe a few of the highlights.

The three bigger boys hung around the FCA booth most of the time. FCA had different contests going on that kids could win prizes for. There was a spinning contest where Grant won $34.11 for spinning the ball 34 minutes and eleven seconds.Coach John gave him the ball he used to spin with as well. Grant was very exited. Cyrus won almost $14 dollars and Joyce $6 for spinning the ball the longest in their grade category. Wow! Nolan won a basketball for the most basket shots. I wish Jeff brought the camera.

The other kids played games and walked around looking at the animals. Of course, they ate their share of food but money ran out faster than their appetites were satisfied.


We had the Lemonade stand today again. Between Saturday and today I think the kids made $65 dollars that they split up. Pretty good.

Nolan and Joyce serving Lemonade.





I set out my homemade sewing goods today again. I sold a $10.00 quilt yesterday. I was exited. Today I did not sell anything but made $7.00 in prize money for the items I submitted in the creative arts part of the fair. $17.00 is not bad for just relaxing! I used most all the money to buy the kids (and myself) a few snacks at the fair. Mini donuts are a weakness of mine.

Jeff took some shots of my homemade craft set up. What do you think? Does it look like a friendly cozy place to shop? I thought it was cute.

I like this picture.It shows just how close we are to the fair. Aren't we lucky? Yes,we are! That is the 4H building that you see at the far end of the block.





2 comments: