Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm Pretty Pleased!

My sewing bug kicked in and I am very pleased with my newest creations.

I went ahead and made the Snoopy blanket panel and Snoopy cloth book to match.

I can not take credit for the cute fuzzy appliqued Snoopy and Woodstock. The fabric panel was already embellished like that. But I added a thin fleece type batting,the blue minky backing,quilted and bound it. I think it turned out very cute!

In my opinion, minky can be a little hard to work with when it is this large. The moments of frustration were well worth it,though. A woman at the fabric store once told me that she uses minky as a binding on her baby quilts sometimes. I thought I would give that a try.




Don't they look so good together?




I had a little blue minky left so I made an American Jane receiving blanket. It was originally supposed to be a quilt but the quilt looked a little off to me, so I took it apart and re did it. I like how it looks now much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment