Friday, July 31, 2009

A Little Quite



I have been a little blog quite this week haven't I? I have been somewhat busy but mostly just unmotivated this week. Here are a few things that have been going on...Elena,Grant, and Alan were at another FCA three-day day camp in Owattona Tuesday, Wednesday,and Thursday. Elena and Grant helped out as leaders in various areas and Alan went as a camp participant. They had a very fun time! During the FCA camp the HeavenWord Handlers performed. I forgot to send the camera with Elena to film the HeavenWord Handlers performance. I heard the kids did a good job!

I held down the fort solo for part of the week since Jeff was working into the wee hours of the morning at his second job. His work car needing to be replaced this past June and having to drive the big van an hour to work and then back home for a few weeks set us back a little bit so He thought he would get back on track by serving up a few fries at good old MickyD's. It is sure different than his regular day job but he does not mind it. He is a very hard worker and takes his job as provider very seriously. He is a good man!

This evening was one of the Waseca Braves last baseball games of the season and since Jeff was home he and a bunch of the older kids went to watch the Braves game. It is hard to believe the summer will soon be over!

Let's see...I think that is about all I can remember! How can that be? I'm itching to get a few projects in this weekend. I have a few more of those bags to make,a few fabric books still waiting to finish,but I have this great quilt top idea that I am very exited to see if I can make. Here is the original pattern. Isn't it just so cute?



Is it cheating if I do not buy the pattern but make and adaptation of it going by the picture? I think I will make it bigger than the 26" x 31" pattern size by adding more squares and bigger borders. I would like it to be a baby quilt size. I have these cute princess fat quarters that would be great to use and I would replace the yo-yo flowers with something more princess like. I will see what I have time for this weekend. It is typical of me to have more creative ideas than time to make my ideas.

I added this picture 8/1/09 Here are my princess fat quarters. They will look very cute I think.






Just in case anyone was wondering...Lily has not bared her fangs since her bath incident. BUT rumors were floating around that big brother Joel was flashing his pearly whites in a not so pearly way when he was mad at Naomi this afternoon...maybe baby Lids is a bad influence on Joel? Probably the other way around, actually. Just for the record,I would have NO trouble keeping a strait face if Joel came after me or anyone baring his teeth. Not such a good four year old behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Tina, I love to hear how Jeff does whatever necessary to keep you all afloat. It's an encouragement to Dan and me, since we're in the same boat. I don't know of other dads, though, who need to work 2-3 jobs, but I'm thankful that ours will to support our families! May God bless Jeff's working! Love, Erica

    ReplyDelete