Monday, July 20, 2009

The Game of Ten

I know I put a bunch of (probably boring to you) videos on my blog. This one is a must see. Why? Well, because I know that there are those who read my blog and can not quite visualise or grasp what we experience around here daily by having older children from across the world here with us now as our own children. I do not live up to my calling as a mom of a large family very well, in fact, I pretty much stink at the job. I feel a bit over my head most days.

BUT I watch our Liberian girls playing their games and there is something that just overwhelms me with emotion.I am SO very grateful that although I seem to stumble in the darkness most of the time with things,I would not take a second of this and exchange it for what's behind curtain #2.

I will just say this: you are all missing out. Take that last statement with a grain of salt because sometimes I think that and sometimes I do not. BUT there might be those who feel like God is leading you down this path and it seems very scary. Well, it is very scary and very very very hard. Did I mention very hard? I kept thinking when we first set out on this adoption journey back in '06 that missing out on what God could have done but couldn't because of my fear would be a harder pill to swallow that all the difficult times I could face stepping out in faith. Those same thoughts are still true today. I have many days I forget but watching this simple video pulls me out of my selfishness and..sigh.. we are so fortunate. We, the Fryes are very blessed.



The girls are playing a game called Ten. I'm not sure quite how it goes but it has something to do with matching the other's foot actions.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina,

    Just wanted to tell you - I really liked your blog what you said on it today. Its nice too that you tempered what you said by prefacing it that so often we don't see the blessing of what we have, but it just seems hard, but then just sometimes you get a glimpse of what we have here, and it puts it into perspective, even if only for a while sometimes. I really appreciate what you said - you really are very good with your communication. I am proud of you.

    With that being said - today is probabaly hard - maybe some might be suffering 'fair withdrawal' symptoms probably after several days of activity and fun.

    Anyway - I will see you tonight.

    ReplyDelete