Monday, July 27, 2009

My Little Fang Girl Is Growing Too Fast!

*
Poor little Lids is getting a little too big for her sink bath but we will both enjoy it for just a little longer.



Do you notice the good looking bar of Citrus Sea Salt Soap in the background. I highly recommend it. It is my favorite, although I find each new soap I try from Natalie's Apple Vally Natural Soap shop tends to be my favorite.




Notice how Lily is washing her own bottle? Even the littlest Frye does not escape her dish duties. A nugget of parenting wisdom from a mom of fourteen...We run a tight ship over here.

Oh, Lily it's time to be all done with your bath.



Now what happens next will leave you scratching your head in disbelief at my sweet little Lids...or declare me a tall tale teller.

I lift her out of her sink bath.

She becomes so outraged at my seemingly oblivion to her screaming outburst that was intended to let me know she was not yet done taking a bath that she lunges at me with a wide opened, teeth baring (it could have actually been fangs...it all happened so fast) mouth with full intent of drawing blood. Not just once, but twice!

Yes,my sweet little Lids had a few moments of non-sweetness. Sorry, no pictures so you will just have to take my word for it.

What does this wise, experienced mom of fourteen do? This wise, experienced mom of fourteen laughed at her poor, mad, upset,fang baring little Lids which almost guarantees another fang baring instance in the near future. This next time I will be ready and try not to laugh.

*

5 comments:

  1. My daughter used to like her baths in the kitchen sink too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my:) She must have been really loving her bath. Our little guy has bitten his dad and me before. But he does it when he's trying to play. He got me in the shoulder while I thought he was trying to nuzzle in and give me a hug. He wasn't mad or anything because he was laughing. So we also have a biter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write so well that I laugh and can envision each moment! I like the sink bath idea. I think we'll have to try that with the wee one. Ian's too big, even though he's still the baby for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wound have most likely laughed too.....I am getting more laid-back in my "old age". :)
    Why do you call her Lids? Just curious.
    Maybe for the same reason I call my kids, Beegie, Boo Boo, Winkie and Beanie???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila,

    I'm getting much more laid-back in my old age as well.Ok, a little tired and lazy,too.

    Joel, my four year old calls Lily Lids and it just kind of stuck.

    What fun nicknames your children have! There must be fun stories behind those nicknames!

    ReplyDelete