Monday, July 13, 2009

Just a Random Thought



All you moms (and dads) will not argue that there are those days when being a parent is just plain hard. But in the mist of those hard days there are little moments that can get lost unnoticed amongst the craziness. It can take a lot to force me out of my task orientated,treading water,putting out fires,or damage control modes but sometimes those moments grab my attention. I want to fuse them into my memory never to be forgotten. Not necessarily because the moments were profound in amongst themselves but because of what they represent to me. These moments represent a passing of time, a season in my life that will soon be pushed back to let in a new season.


What grabbed my attention the other day? Nothing more than the chatter of a six year old girl wanting to match her princess underwear with her princess t-shirt. That's it. Nothing major. Just the sweet talk of a young girl who's whole concern in life at that moment was the pleasure of a perfect matching outfit down to her undies. I just can not imagine that the next season of life that will soon be upon me could match the difficult,crazy, but very precious years of my life right now.

Now off to tend to a few more fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment