Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Little Update

We received an email update from Ellen from ASON who is leading up the Ghana mission team.

I thought you would enjoy reading it as well.

Dear praying friends and family:

Most of the team is sleeping as I use the WiFi at our hotel in Kumasi to send this news to you. We had easy connections in New York. And, the flight from New York to Accra had a few slightly bumpy patches, but we had an excellent pilot and landed beautifully. Customs was more vigilant than previous visits, but everything went smoothly there, too. And, though we left New York an hour late because a passenger did not have the necessary paperwork to travel to Ghana and the ground personnel had to sift through the belly of the plane for the luggage belonging to the passenger who was ticketed but not traveling with us, we made up half of that in the air and Eddie was on time and greeting us with a smile.

I’ll send photos next time….it’s late and I took videos today and I do not want to wake the other team members to provide the stills for this…

Everyone is tired, but very fine and excited about what God has in store for us. We travel from Kumasi to Bolgatanga tomorrow, anywhere from 8-10 hours. The van is amazing! Strong, and comfortably fitting the entire team inside with some carry ons under our seats. The people riding in the far back felt a bit like bronco riders when we passed through the construction zone on bumpy roads, though!

Thank you for praying. We’ll keep in touch. Eddie did not bring my Ghana cell phone to the airport in Accra. He went home tonight to get his packed bag for our trip north and has it in that bag. I’ll get it in 8 hours from him and then I can send text messages, God willing.

Blessings!

Ellen


I had to look at a map to get an idea of their travels. Geography is one of the many school subjects I am not the best at.



I will pass on more updates as they come in.


Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment