Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Few Weekend Projects

I have made some progress on the the square quilt that I had all nicely laid out one evening last week, until our baby cat Shiloh thought it would make a fun playground.

I decided it would be easier to sew three sections of 5 x 12 squares each and then sew the three sections into one.

I have one more section to piece together.

It will be 12 squares by 15 squares when it is all finished. Each square is 4" x 4".

It is looking very pretty so far!


A few years ago I made a baby quilt for a friend and as I was cutting out her quilt I had enough extra fabric to cut out duplicate quilt pieces to make another at a future time.

I had forgotten about it but came across it last week while filling an Etsy order for a customer.

I just had to sew it together and I love it!! It coordinates with my square quilt above.

Not sure when I will get to quilting it but I hope soon.


This was the quilt book I got the pattern from.


And the quilt pattern.


I was not going to go out this past weekend to shop but I had two separate customer fabric requests in my Etsy shop. Yeah! I was out of stock of the fabrics requested so we all bundled up Sunday evening to quickly run to the fabric store to see if I could fill the fabric orders.

I had luck with one request but sadly not with the other.

While I was looking around I picked out this combo.

Don't laugh but I think I am going to make a few childs winter hats out of this. I have a pattern that I wanted to try for a while. We will see how it looks! In my mind it will look pretty swell but the real world does not always match what is in my head...


And this fabric was on clearance.

There is something about it that is so pretty. It is a M'liss fabric. She comes up with some fun stuff. I do not always care for her fabric lines but this particular fabric is fun. Her Josie's Aquarium line I kind of like as well...

I know for sure I want to make Lily a dress out of this and bought enough to make a few more dresses to put in my Etsy shop.


Hope you enjoyed your Monday!!

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment