Friday, November 2, 2012

Old Events

"Sad are the days when the glory is gone from the earth, when we look about us with tired eyes, dimmed by the sediment of fatigue, and find we no longer can see beauty or wonder or drama in commonplace scenes."

~from the book Circle of the Seasons by Edwin Way Teal


Some days are like that for me.

I get tired.

I forget the beauty of the simple every day common things that pass by without so much as a glance.

My eyes are dimmed.

I find myself saying quite often "I'll look in just a minute" but that minute is quickly swept away with more pressing things.

Somedays I am blind.

The feet will not stay tiny forever.


The sweet thoughtful color pictures and handmade cards are coming less often these days as the kids get bigger and busier.


But yet when I am graced with such a lovely gift, I still find myself passing them by or stacking them in a pile without spending that time to appreciate them.


Take a step back ,Tina.

Look around.

Breath.

See the beauty.

Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

1 comment: