Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Two Day Wrap Up

I finished my square quilt top last night.

It looks good.


I tried very hard to keep the corners matched up.

That was my goal while making the quilt.

I did a pretty good job but towards the end of piecing the quilt top I ran out of certain squares and was scrambling through my stash to find alternates that fit the quilt look. I was not careful in cutting out accurate 4 inch squares so the piecing got a little funky and outmatching in certain areas. Nothing horrible just bothersome. I plan to meander quilt it and meander quilting does a good job of hiding those little goofs.


Josh worked all afternoon yesterday making this mini quilt for me.

It is wonderful.

He is still in the sewing mood because he asked me today for some flannel fabric pieces for a new project he is working on.

I am excited to see his latest creation.


I have been having a few low days lately. The colder weather is already getting me down.

One of the kids made this note for me a few weeks back and we hung it in the bathroom so I could look at it while I brush my teeth.

As I was looking at it last night I caught my self thinking "Tina, you really are not very super you know..." So true. And I am too tired to shine on... Love the negative talk. Instead of fighting it, I let it roll. No good comes out of letting negative talk roll...


Here is my first draft of the Tootsie Roll hat I had envisioned in my mind.

It needs lots of tweaking. At least Lily did not mind it.


I guess it can be reversible. Bonus! I added a layer of flannel in between but still not 'Minnesota winter warm'.

I heard while I was napping today the big kids and their friend were trying it on making fun of it. Ha ha. Maybe these Waseca teens are not as fashion forward as I thought. Ha ha. It does look rather odd...


I will give the hat another try after I change things a bit.



Warmly, A Dragonfrye Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment