Tuesday, May 20, 2008

God Always Provides!

As most of you know even before we set out on our adoption journey we already had a larger family with our 7 children.Financially,we had years of plenty,and years of very little,and years of very,very little.Most years can be categorised as years of very very little!(We did had a few months of being what we would consider rich.Those were the few months after we sold our first house but before we used the equity to pay off our student and car loans.It did not last very long!)

Anyway, already having 7 children and thinking of adding more through adoption did seem pretty scary.Lots of fears like are we really doing the right thing,are we going to end up 'sacrificing' our bio children for the sake of some children across the world that we do not even know.What if the children we adopt have major adjustment issues that will affect the rest of the family.How will we ever be able to give our time to so many more children.How will we EVER feed more children!I would lay in bed at night fearing the worst most of the time.

One verse that would keep running though my mind through much of the time was

Psalm 37:25
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

Now,some who know me might think that it is awful bold of me to think I'm one of God's 'righteous'.Not in any way do I claim to be righteous on my own.I goof up way,way,WAY to much.It is only because Christ became my righteous with his death on the cross.
(Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.Hebrews 9:22)So because of Christ I can know I am included in the observation made by David in Psalm 37:25.

That all being said,and now having 14 children God really has always provided for us.In so many areas even beyond basic food,even fun things like free twins tickets or just the other day someone dropped off 16 free passes to the Minnesota Zoo.A few weeks ago someone brought over two DQ ice cream cakes because they thought we could use a treat!Genevieve Krueger and her daughter Beth from Jeff's childhood church thought of us.Today the Born's brought over a ton of stuff.

Clothes,can goods,fun extras...so many ways God proides and through so many different people.People we know and even people we do not know!I am just overwhelmed with God's continued care for us.


From the Borns


No comments:

Post a Comment