Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Jeff and the 7 older kids woke up real early this morning to go fishing out on Loon Lake.They had spent days digging up worms all around the yard.They were real exited.Some of the kids had bought fancy fishing poles with money they saved but sadly they all broke.Cyrus's fishing pole actually snapped in half and a fish swam away with part of it.The only fishing poles that did not break were the homemade ones that were just sticks from our yard,fish line, and hooks.The kids brought home some of their fish and put the fish in the little kiddy pool to keep as pets.Of course the fish died rather quickly.Sweet Joyce thought they were just sleeping because the hose water was too cold.I think that the kid all still had fun even though the fish died and their poles broke.




The kids look so sad that their fish are not doing well!




One of Joyce's 'sleeping' sun fish



Later in the day we drove to Mankato so I could pick up a few things at umm...the fabric store... Yes,again.

I had brought my camera along and snapped this picture of the the kids in their seats.They are all back there some are out of view or are sleeping.At least they are not fighting and everything is quiet!




When we got home from Mankato we cooked out on the grill and had all the picnic fixings!It was a good dinner.

******

I had saved up money for quite a while to upgrade to a new digital camera.Here I'm testing it out on Lily.My other digital camera is a Sanyo 6.0 Mega pixel.I bought a Kodak 12 Mega pixel Easy Share Z1285.The Sanyo is very easy to use but the picture quality was not great.The Kodak takes great pictures but is pretty difficult to figure out.Kind of frustrating.I'll get it figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment