Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

I had a relaxing Mother's Day but did not actually celebrate Mother's Day.The funny thing was I did not realize until Thursday that the 11th was Mother's Day.I do not know where my mind was.I was thinking it was a few weeks off still!So needless to say, I was not in the Mother's Day mind set and did not have a chance to get things together in time.Jeff agreed that we would make a good meal Monday for dinner and 'officially ' celebrate then.Our good meal will actually be our usual Monday dinner of spaghetti but I think I will put meat in our sauce and make homemade yeast rolls to add a little excitement.I am sure I would not need to twist Elena's arm to bake a cake.She loves to bake.

I do have to say that even though we officially did not celebrate Mother's Day I did do a few special things.Elena, Grant, Alan, and I walked over to HyVee this afternoon to sit in their table area and have a snack.We had pop,donuts and french fries! That was very nutritious!The time brought me back to my college days when my friends and I would sit around eat and talk.I really had fun.

Later I had a few things to pick up in Mankato so Jeff loaded everyone into the van and drove us all down there.Alan surprised me with a Iced Mocha from Caribou to sip on our drive home with whipped cream and the works!That was SO VERY SWEET!

I added my home school books for sale link as well as my quilt link to the left side of my blog.Elena and I have a few ideas to make some cute baby/toddler things soon.I added a link that we named Dragonfrye Baby but as of yet there is nothing on it.There will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment