Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's Done!

I finished taking out Grace's last 5 braids this morning got her hair washed.I had to wash it three times.I guess my washing her hair with her braids in isn't getting it as clean as I would hope.

Grace waiting at the kitchen sink for her hair washing.



Now time for deep conditioning! When the other girls saw Grace in her plastic hat they got very exited.Naomi said her ma would wear a hat just like that to the market.Joyce said that when it rained in Liberia they would put on hats like that otherwise "Oh! Our 'ha' (hair) would 'sti' (stink) real 'ba' (bad)."



Grace's finished hair.As you see I opted (doesn't look spelled right,does it?) for big braids and did not work real hard getting the parts right.Lily was crying and the other kids were being loud and all the back ground noise was stressing me out.But look how shinny her hair looks.The deep conditioner works real nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment